Thursday, September 15, 2011

World Ending=Kindness?

I have a friend. She's extremely intellectual and she always brings up amazing points and we discuss them. Yesterday, she brought up one of her many amazing points. It was regarding 2012 and the idea of the world ending. She told me she'd been thinking that, "why do we need the world coming to an end to make us nice people?" This thought stuck with me. She had an amazing point.
     Because of this idea that the world is ending, people are changing their mindset. Some more than others, but I could say I think a vast majority of us have thought about the fact that if the world did come to an end in the near future, what is it that we would want to accomplish. We might think that we need to resolve conflicts with a peer, or that the mending of a broken relationship is necessary, or that it's time to get started on your bucket list. This leads me to say, there is truly no time like the present.
     After thinking about the words of my friend, I realize how absolute pathetic it is that it takes things like this, things like the end of the world, to make people show their kindness and sympathy towards one another. Although I'm not a believer in this "end of the world in 2012" idea, it definitely makes me think about how I treat other people and what I do in life. After all, life is short, it could end at any moment, shouldn't we be making the best of it? Live every day like it's your last, or live every day as if the worlds ending tomorrow because the Mayan calender said it would.

Just some thoughts from behind the lenses.

No comments:

Post a Comment