Sunday, November 27, 2011

Designer

     Everywhere we go there are brands. Some more well-known that others. Some more expensive that others. Some more desirable than others. Some better than others. Most, the same as any other "normal" brand.


     Coach. A brand I know all too well. Everywhere I go, I'm exposed to this hierarchy of this, for me, undesirable brand. It starts out small, with a 22 dollar roller ball containing a microscopic amount of perfume. Then, a 48 dollar bracelet that is wooden, ugly pink rhinestones glued on, or maybe a card holder that holds 1 card. Next, a 68 dollar wristlet with purple sequence vomitted onto it. Or maybe, 75 dollars for a 1.7-ounce-bottle of perfume. And for some pocket change you could buy a scarf plastered with the signature "C" for a mere $128. And if you want to spend a bit more, you could get something such as a wallet for the low low price of just $598!
     This is one of many name brands that people blow their money on every day. From cars and clothes to coffee maker and milk. In a few brands, there really are differences in quality of the product verses another less-expensive brand. But when faced with the choice of purchasing a $20 bag from target or a $100 bag from Coach, I think my choice is obvious.
     Yet, I'm meant to believe this spending a large sum of money on an everyday product is desirable. No thanks. Burning money is cheaper.

Just some thoughts from behind the lenses.

2 comments:

  1. Made me crack up multiple times. Especially the 'purple sequins vomited onto it'. I know exactly what you mean.
    I can't believe someone actually has the same sense of humor as I do.

    *squee*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm glad it made you laugh! :D

    *squee*

    ReplyDelete